DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Former Dallas Independent School District Chief of Staff Jerome Oberlton is due is a Georgia federal court Tuesday morning.
A federal grand jury indicted Oberlton just one week after his resignation from DISD.
Oberlton is accused of receiving 60-thousand dollars in payouts connected to a deal in the Atlanta school district. He is facing seven charges, including money laundering conspiracy.
Oberlton was hired by DISD Superintendent Mike Miles in January. Miles requested his resignation last week upon learning of the federal investigation and ordered an audit of Oberlton’s work during his tenure with DISD.
As DISD Chief of Staff, Oberlton collected an annual salary of $185,000. He is the latest in a string of top administrators to leave DISD under Miles’ leadership.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES