DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Rock stars aren’t the only ones who go on tour.
The “Nuns On The Bus” campaign started its bus tour in Houston, making a stop in Dallas on the way to the state Capitol in Austin. The group of religious participants are advocating for immigration reform and health care coverage for the working poor. They will visit state legislators and seek support for the expansion of Medicaid as allowed under the Affordable Care Act.
The group claims the nation’s immigration system is broken and that increased enforcement is tearing families apart and causing suffering for those who are otherwise willing and eager to contribute to society.
The nuns will travel 6,500 miles over 15 states and take part in 53 events in 40 cities.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES