Stars Sign Gonchar To 2-Year, $10 Million Deal
DALLAS (AP) – The Dallas Stars have signed Sergei Gonchar to a two-year, $10 million contract after trading for the 39-year-old defenseman last week.
The deal announced Monday adds to the Stars’ veteran defensive core of Trevor Daley, Alex Goligoski and Stephane Robidas.
Gonchar was set to become a free agent when Ottawa traded him to the Stars for a sixth-round pick in the draft this year. The Russian was fifth among NHL defensemen with 24 assists this season. He was Ottawa’s second-leading scorer with 27 points (three goals, 24 assists).
Gonchar is first in points (775) and assists (558) and second in games played (1,177) among active NHL defensemen. He has played for Washington, Boston, Pittsburgh and Ottawa.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: