IndyCar Penalizes Team Penske After Texas Win
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – IndyCar has fined Team Penske $35,000 and docked it 15 entrant points because the underwing on Helio Castroneves’ race-winning car at Texas didn’t meet specifications.
Series officials said a post-race inspection found that the car didn’t comply with a rule requiring the “exit of the underwing height” to be 7.6 inches.
Team Penske said it found the height was instead 7.575 inches “because we neglected to tighten” braces positioning the rear of the diffuser.
Penske Racing President Tim Cindric said the mistake didn’t provide Castroneves any advantage in the race, which ended with the team’s first victory of the season. Castroneves led the final 132 laps and finished 4.7 seconds ahead of Ryan Hunter-Reay.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES