State Announces Online ‘Water Source’ Drought Tool
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) — Texans still recovering from the devastating 2011 drought have an online tool for information on water supplies and disaster assistance.
Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples on Tuesday announced the one-stop portal called “The Water Source.”
Staples says the site combines drought information from various agencies and provides the basics of Texas water policy. Details are also available on reservoir levels and statewide drought conditions.
Experts have said the historic drought cost the state at least $7.6 billion in agricultural losses.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES