Child Hit By Car In Garland
Get Breaking News First
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – A child has been rushed to the hospital after being hit by a car in Garland.
The accident happened in the 1500 block of North Country Club Road, near Meridian.
When emergency crews arrived they found a 12-year-old boy, injured and lying in the roadway.
Police say a 36-year-old Rowlett woman was driving a 2007 Jeep, when the boy rode his bicycle into the street and her path. After hitting the child the woman stopped and called for help.
Investigators do not believe speed was a factor in the accident.
The boy was taken from the scene by medical helicopter to Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, where he is listed in critical condition.
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES