DALLAS (AP) - Southwest Airlines Co. is running a three-day sale on fall travel and other airlines are starting to match the lower prices.
Dallas-based Southwest and its AirTran subsidiary launched the sale Tuesday, with round-trip prices ranging from $98 to $298 based on distance.
The sale, which ends Thursday night, covers a limited number of seats on nonstop flights from Aug. 26 through Dec. 18.
Days around Labor Day and Thanksgiving are blacked out, and the lowest prices aren’t available for Friday and Sunday flights.
Airlines expect mostly full flights this summer — but travel drops in the fall.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES