FRISCO (AP) – Kenny Cooper scored twice to lift FC Dallas to a 3-0 win over the Houston Dynamo in the fourth round of the U.S. Open Cup on Wednesday night.
Cooper scored on a right-footed shot from 3 yards out in the 39th minute and headed in Michel’s corner kick in the 59th minute from inside 6 yards, giving him seven goals in U.S. Open Cup play.
Zach Loyd added a goal in the 76th minute when he fired a looping volley from 25 yards away, catching Dynamo goalkeeper Tyler Deric out of position.
Houston rested many of its MLS starters, including goalkeeper Tally Hall, Corey Ashe, and Giles Barnes, and was without U.S. national team call-up Brad Davis.
FC Dallas was without starting goalkeeper Raul Fernandez, who was with Peru’s national team.
Dallas will host its quarterfinal on June 26.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES