DALLAS (AP) – Dallas Stars prospect Scott Winkler has died in his home country of Norway after recently completing his senior season at Colorado College. He was 23.
School officials said in a news release that Winkler died unexpectedly Wednesday at his parents’ home. The native of Asker, Norway, was a third-round pick by the Stars in 2008.
The school said Winkler graduated from Colorado College on May 20 with a bachelor’s degree in economics.
Winkler came to the U.S. in 2007 and played for Cedar Rapids in the United States Hockey League the year he was drafted by Dallas. He later enrolled at Colorado College and compiled 63 points in 120 career games. He had career highs of 13 goals and 28 points last season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES