PORTLAND, Ore. – FC Dallas has sent a fourth round selection in the 2014 MLS Supplemental Draft to the Columbus Crew in exchange for an additional international roster spot for the remainder of the 2013 season, FC Dallas announced today.
The international roster slot will return to Columbus on January 1, 2014. Per Major League Soccer and club policy, further details of the trade were not disclosed.
Following the trade, FC Dallas now has nine international slots in 2013 – eight of which are currently filled by players under contract: Fabian Castillo (Colombia), Raul Fernandez (Peru), Jackson (Brazil), Eric Hassli (France), Peter Luccin (France), Michel (Brazil), Blas Perez (Panama) and Je-Vaughn Watson (Jamacia).
Following a 3-0 victory over the Houston Dynamo in the Fourth Round of the 2013 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on Wednesday, FC Dallas (8-2-4, 28 points) faces the Portland Timbers tomorrow at 4 p.m. CT live on ESPN.
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES