PLANO (KRLD) — Former Plano Senior High School football standout Rex Burkhead has made an impact on the football field, starring at Nebraska before being drafted by the Bengals in the 2013 NFL Draft. But his impact reaches far beyond the field, where he has championed the fight against pediatric brain cancer.
For two years at Nebraska, Burkhead raised awareness of the disease by wearing a bracelet marked with the words “Team Jack Pray”.
The reference is to seven-year-old brain cancer patient Jack Hoffman, who ran for a 69-yard touchdown at Nebraska’s spring game.
“It was a very emotional moment — a very inspirational moment as well. You definitely saw tears in the stands as he kept running.”
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES