Irving ISD School Board President Proposes A Return To Corporal Punishment
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – Irving ISD school board president Steven Jones surprised attendees last night a the Irving school district meeting.
He proposed something be brought back that most have abandoned — corporal punishment.
The proposal caught some off guard, and angered quite a few. Then Jones quickly withdrew the item from the agenda.
CBS 11 has been trying to reach him, but has been unsuccessful.
Corporal punishment was once used across the United States. Studies have questioned its effectiveness, even linked it to disorders.
The state of Texas is still one of almost two dozen states that still let school districts use pain to punish.
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES