ARLINGTON (AP) — Texas Rangers center fielder Leonys Martin left Thursday night’s game against Toronto after spraining his left wrist while trying to make a diving catch.
Martin’s gloved left hand rolled awkwardly when he hit the ground after unsuccessfully trying to catch a ball hit by Edwin Encarnacion in the top of the eighth.
The Rangers said X-rays were negative. They called it a mild sprain and said he was day to day.
Craig Gentry replaced Martin in center field.
Encarnacion wound up with a tiebreaking two-run double that put the Blue Jays up 3-1.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES