SE Texas Plane Down; 3 Injured
VICTORIA (AP) — Three men were injured after the small twin engine plane there were riding in crashed shortly after taking off from a Southeast Texas airport.
The plane had taken off from the airport in Victoria at around 10 a.m. Saturday when it crashed in a nearby field.
Roland Herwig, a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration in Oklahoma City, says two of the individuals on board were seriously hurt and the third suffered minor injuries. They were taken to a local hospital. Their names or conditions were not immediately known.
Herwig says the plane had apparently been practicing take offs and landings.
The FAA is investigating the crash and the National Transportation Safety Board has been notified.
Victoria is located about 125 miles southwest of Houston.
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES