FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – CareFlite, the company that provides air transportation for medical emergencies, has given Frisco notice that it will no longer offer its services to the city. Service calls for the Frisco location at Fire Station 4 have declined in the past five years. The company may move out of Frisco as early as July. It’s a business decision on CareFlite’s part, according to Frisco Mayor Maher Maso.
“They provide a regional service. It’s not about Frisco. It’s regional, we’re very confident we’ll still have service out here whether it’s from CareFlite or other providers,” said Maso, who is confident the move won’t affect medical services for residents.
Mayor Maso said the public is welcome at tomorrow’s city council meeting, when the future of CareFlite will be up for discussion.
The meeting starts at 5 p.m. at Frisco City Hall.
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES