STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry is bringing his job-poaching tour of the Northeast to Connecticut.
Perry is scheduled to speak Monday evening at the Ferguson Library in Stamford as part of the city’s “Civility in America Speaker Series.”
Perry began a five-day visit to New York and Connecticut Sunday. He has been traveling the country trying to lure jobs to Texas, including recent trips to California and Illinois.
The president of West Hartford-based Colt Manufacturing, Dennis Veilleux, says he’s pleased to host Perry’s visit to Connecticut.
A number of gun makers have said they are looking into leaving Connecticut after the state passed some of the toughest gun laws in the country, in response to the Newtown school shootings that killed 20 students and six educators in December.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES