LHP Mills Gets Release From Texas To Sign In Japan
ARLINGTON (AP) — The Texas Rangers have released left-hander Brad Mills from his minor league contract so that he could sign to play in Japan.
Texas claimed Mills on waivers from the Los Angeles Angels during spring training and assigned him outright to Triple-A Round Rock.
Mills was 7-5 with a 3.87 ERA in 18 games (17 starts) for Round Rock. He was scheduled to participate in the Triple-A All-Star game Wednesday, but withdrew from that after reaching an agreement with the Orix Buffaloes of Nippon Professional Baseball’s Pacific League.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 24th-August 28th