ARLINGTON (AP) — The Texas Rangers have released left-hander Brad Mills from his minor league contract so that he could sign to play in Japan.
Texas claimed Mills on waivers from the Los Angeles Angels during spring training and assigned him outright to Triple-A Round Rock.
Mills was 7-5 with a 3.87 ERA in 18 games (17 starts) for Round Rock. He was scheduled to participate in the Triple-A All-Star game Wednesday, but withdrew from that after reaching an agreement with the Orix Buffaloes of Nippon Professional Baseball’s Pacific League.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Keidel: Don’t Underestimate The Warriors Like I Did
- Bautista On Odor Punch: ‘He Was Looking For A Fight’
- This Week In Golf: Spieth Puts It Together To Win Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- Lundquist To Step Down From “SEC On CBS” After 2016
- When Top Prospects Get The Call, What Should Fantasy Baseball Owners Do?