LHP Mills Gets Release From Texas To Sign In Japan
ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers have released left-hander Brad Mills from his minor league contract so that he could sign to play in Japan.
Texas claimed Mills on waivers from the Los Angeles Angels during spring training and assigned him outright to Triple-A Round Rock.
Mills was 7-5 with a 3.87 ERA in 18 games (17 starts) for Round Rock. He was scheduled to participate in the Triple-A All-Star game Wednesday, but withdrew from that after reaching an agreement with the Orix Buffaloes of Nippon Professional Baseball’s Pacific League.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- 30 Players: Baseball’s Top Prospect Bryant Won’t Wait Long For Cubs Debut
- Lady Bears Fall Short Of Final Four, Prepare For Next Season
- Pre-Game Playlist: Devon Still ‘Shakes It Off’ With Daughter Leah
- Texas Freshman Myles Turner Says He’ll Enter NBA Draft
- Kentucky Likely To Continue Record-Breaking TV Numbers