OXNARD, Calif. (105.3 The Fan) – The Dallas Cowboys’ worst concerns regarding defensive end Tyrone Crawford were realized late Sunday, as word came he will have to undergo surgery following a season-ending Achilles tear suffered on the opening day of training camp.
Team vice president Stephen Jones expressed concern about the tear before the diagnosis was made official.
“This is part of our game, and it’s disappointing,” Jones said. “Crawford is probably our top young defensive lineman. That’s a shame. Knowing him, he’s such a diligent worker; he’ll get right on it and be back.”
Crawford is a 2012 third-round pick out of Boise State.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Report: NFL Admits Mistake On Unsportsmanlike Huddle Penalty On Brice Butler
- Raiders File Papers To Move From Oakland To Las Vegas
- CBS Sports’ Nantz, Simms, Cowher, Gonzalez Analyze NFL Championships
- Pizza Hut To Hire 11,000 New Workers For Super Bowl
- Welterweight Title Fight Between Keith Thurman And Danny Garcia To Air In Primetime On CBS