OXNARD, Calif. (105.3 The Fan) – The Dallas Cowboys’ worst concerns regarding defensive end Tyrone Crawford were realized late Sunday, as word came he will have to undergo surgery following a season-ending Achilles tear suffered on the opening day of training camp.
Team vice president Stephen Jones expressed concern about the tear before the diagnosis was made official.
“This is part of our game, and it’s disappointing,” Jones said. “Crawford is probably our top young defensive lineman. That’s a shame. Knowing him, he’s such a diligent worker; he’ll get right on it and be back.”
Crawford is a 2012 third-round pick out of Boise State.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- The Baseball Report: Astros Tie Franchise Record, Bartolo Colon Passes Marichal
- Ring Of Honor Show At Famed Madison Square Garden Called Off
- Oklahoma Approves $25 Million For Lincoln Riley Over 5 Years
- Son Of Former Cowboys Player Arrested For Mesquite Double Murder
- Bucks’ Sterling Brown Sues City Of Milwaukee Over Stun-Gun Arrest