DALLAS (AP) — The Big Ten Conference will have a team in either the Heart of Dallas Bowl or the Armed Forces Bowl each year through the 2019 season.
As part of an extension with the Heart of Dallas Bowl announced Tuesday, the Big Ten will also send teams to the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, rotating between the two games over a seven-year period.
This season, the Big Ten will play a team from Conference USA in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. That game is on New Year’s Day at the historic Cotton Bowl stadium.
Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany says the league looks forward to continuing the tradition of playing a bowl game annually in Texas like it has since 1995.
ESPN Regional Television owns and operates both games.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Horschel Unaware Wife Ready To Go Public About Alcoholism
- NFL Cuts OT From 15 Minutes To 10, Citing Player Safety
- Pregame Baseball Nuggets: Hitting Streaks, Cashner vs Porcello & More
- New Helmet Technology Isn’t A Cure-All For Football’s Concussion Issues
- Tony Romo To Make CBS Debut At Dean & DeLuca Invitational