Prisoner Walks Out Front Door Of Dallas County Jail
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas County Sheriffs Department is still investigating how an inmate was able to escape the Lew Sterrett Justice Center Friday night.
Justin MacDonald, 29, was in jail on a parole violation for drug possession. An eyewitness said he saw MacDonald walk out of the front door of the new South tower of the jail wearing a green and gray striped jumpsuit. The inmate took off his shirt and pants, according to the eyewitness, and started walking toward the street.
Two detention officers became suspicious, stopped MacDonald and re-arrested him.
This is the fourth escape from the Dallas County jail or from sheriffs deputies’ custody since January of last year. Both Tarrant and Collin Counties said they haven’t had any inmates escape their custody during that same time period.
- Dallas Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan Agree To 4-Year Deal
- Rangers’ Hamilton Has No Emotions Facing Angels For 1st Time
- Irving July 4th Celebration Includes — Fireworks, Debris & Sewage
- Fort Worth Zoo’s New Lion Cubs Meet Dad For First Time
- Carrollton Woman Cuts Trip Short After Boarding Facility Lost Dog
- The World Remembers Kidd Kraddick
- More North Texans Sick With Cyclospora Infection
- DFW Restaurant Week 2013 List
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures