Friday Could Be D-Day In MLB Drug Investigation
NEW YORK (AP) – Friday could be D-day for Major League Baseball’s drug investigation.
Deliberations over suspensions in the Biogenesis case could stretch out for the rest of this week and delay announcements, two people familiar with the talks said Tuesday.
It appeared several of the dozen or so targeted players were likely to reach agreements on their penalties and avoid grievance hearings, one of the people said, speaking on condition of anonymity because no statements were authorized.
Both said MLB hopes to announce the penalties for all players involved at the same time.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Cheers In Boxer Charles Hatley’s Corner
- Tim Duncan Promises To Be “On The Court”
- Bradley Named New U.S. Soccer Captain
- Student Athletes Shocked By Special Awards
- Rangers Reach Deal With Teen International Prospect Taveras