FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – Frisco police say a man has exposed himself repeatedly to young girls and women and police are afraid there could be more victims.
Investigators say they may know who the flasher is, but they need the public’s help to know for sure.
Detectives say over the last month they’ve received at least nine reports – all along hike and bike trails around the city. They say a man in a white SUV approaches women and girls as they use the trails. Some of the victims are as young as 11 years old.
“For the children, if they’re 14 and under, it’s actually indecency with a child,” said Frisco Police Officer Greg Barnett. In those cases, the suspect would face felony charges.
Investigators say the man often uses vulgar language to describe his body before exposing himself.
Police have received so many complaints, that they staked out one of the trails in question and on July 17, saw a man in a white SUV approaching a girl. He’s considered a potential suspect. However, because police never caught him in the act, they need someone to come forward to identify him in order to press charges. No additional cases have been reported since that date.
“Parents, please speak with your children,” urged Barnett. “If your children frequent any bike or walking trails, please talk to your children and ask if they’ve been victimized.”
Investigators now need any victims or witnesses to contact police at 972-292-6010 with additional information.
Anonymous tips can be texted to police at 847411. Type the tip and “FRISCOPD” in the body of the message.
- Austin Bombings: Expert Concerned Bomber Has Gone From ‘Targeting Specific Individual’ To ‘I Just Want To Kill Someone’
- Dallas Unveils New Plan To Build Affordable Housing
- I-Team: Records Reveal Dozens Of Atmos Gas Leaks In Same Neighborhood Prior To Deadly House Explosion
- Recommendation By City Staff To Save Confederate War Memorial Upsets Some On Task Force
- Teen Who Used ‘Affluenza’ Defense Set For Release April 2