Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
DALLAS (AP) - The Dallas Mavericks have signed first-round pick Shane Larkin, who is likely out until training camp in October with a broken right ankle.
Larkin is slotted to make $1.28 million in the point guard’s first season under the rookie salary scale.
The Mavericks traded down twice in the draft and ended up with the rights to Larkin, the son of Hall of Fame shortstop Barry Larkin. He was taken 18th by Atlanta.
Larkin helped Miami to its first Atlantic Coast Conference title and a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. Larkin led the Hurricanes at 14.5 points and 4.6 assists per game.
The 5-foot-11 Larkin broke his ankle while practicing for the summer league. He had surgery this month and should be sidelined about three months.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Weight Of Ice Too Much For Pier At North Texas Marina
- Dallas Cowboys LB Sean Lee Talks About His Return
- Stephen Jones Previews Bears vs Cowboys
- No. 6 Oklahoma State A Win Away From Big 12 Title
- Boat Docks, Trees No Match For Heavy Ice