Mavs Sign 1st Round Pick Shane Larkin
DALLAS (AP) – The Dallas Mavericks have signed first-round pick Shane Larkin, who is likely out until training camp in October with a broken right ankle.
Larkin is slotted to make $1.28 million in the point guard’s first season under the rookie salary scale.
The Mavericks traded down twice in the draft and ended up with the rights to Larkin, the son of Hall of Fame shortstop Barry Larkin. He was taken 18th by Atlanta.
Larkin helped Miami to its first Atlantic Coast Conference title and a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. Larkin led the Hurricanes at 14.5 points and 4.6 assists per game.
The 5-foot-11 Larkin broke his ankle while practicing for the summer league. He had surgery this month and should be sidelined about three months.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Is Rent Out Of Reach? Study Shows How Dallas, Other US Cities Stack Up
- Puppy Wearing “Help Me” Shirt Found In Richardson
- Man Arrested After Allegedly Posing As Doctor At Dallas Hospital
- Not All Folks Evacuating In Horseshoe Bend
- Broken-Hearted Parents Can’t Afford Headstones For Deceased Sons