DALLAS (AP) – The Dallas Mavericks have signed first-round pick Shane Larkin, who is likely out until training camp in October with a broken right ankle.
Larkin is slotted to make $1.28 million in the point guard’s first season under the rookie salary scale.
The Mavericks traded down twice in the draft and ended up with the rights to Larkin, the son of Hall of Fame shortstop Barry Larkin. He was taken 18th by Atlanta.
Larkin helped Miami to its first Atlantic Coast Conference title and a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. Larkin led the Hurricanes at 14.5 points and 4.6 assists per game.
The 5-foot-11 Larkin broke his ankle while practicing for the summer league. He had surgery this month and should be sidelined about three months.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Former Cowboys WR Terry Glenn Killed In Early Morning Car Accident
- Franken Cut From PBS Letterman Tribute After Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Woman Hurt By Takata Air Bag Urges Owners To Get Cars Fixed
- Onlookers Gather As Iconic Georgia Dome Imploded In Downtown Atlanta
- Cowboys Boss Jerry Jones Demands Goodell ‘Accountability,’ Won’t ‘Pipe Down’