Candy Forces Church To Miss Cowboys Practice
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) - Barry Church is finished with Jolly Ranchers. The candy-loving Dallas Cowboys safety missed a day of training camp because of a cherry-flavored one.
Church chipped a tooth on a piece of the hard candy about a week before reporting to camp. He felt pain off and on, but says it was unbearable when he woke up Monday morning.
The fourth-year pro missed a walkthrough and a full practice to get a root canal, but returned Tuesday.
Church says he “caught a couple of zingers” from coaches and teammates and isn’t happy that he has to stay away from candy for a while.
Once he can eat candy again, Church says he’ll “stick to the soft stuff.”
Church missed the final 13 games last year with a torn Achilles’ tendon.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Demolishes Homeless Camp, Scattering 80 People
- Dallas Family Makes It Out Of Burning Home Uninjured
- Police: 2 Dead, 1 Hurt In Dallas Biker Gang Shooting
- Skeletal Remains Found At Cleared Fort Worth Homeless Camp
- Rick Barnes Says He Wanted To Stay As Texas Coach