Country Singer Randy Travis Released From Hospital
PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) - Country singer Randy Travis has been released from Baylor Heart hospital in Plano, Texas, weeks after suffering from a serious heart condition and stroke.
The 54-year-old singer/songwriter was admitted to the hospital on July 7. Doctors diagnosed Travis with cardiomyopathy, a weakening of the heart muscles caused by a viral infection, and congestive heart failure. While hospitalized, Travis suffered a stroke and underwent surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. He was listed in critical condition following the surgery.
Travis has now been relocated to a physical therapy facility, according to a statement released from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon.
Travis’ fiancee Mary Davis also expressed her appreciation for all the support he’s received during his time in the hospital.
“Thanks to all the fans and friends for your continued prayers and support as Randy continues on the road to recovery,” she said.
Future information about Travis’ condition will be published at www.randytravis.com.
- DPD Bicycle Officer Collapses While On The Job
- Diaw Scores 19 To Lead Spurs In 94-76 Win Over Mavericks
- Shoot Or Don’t Shoot? Simulator Puts Citizens In Police Officer’s Shoes
- Texas Looks To Shine Light On Private Campus Police Records
- With Water Restrictions Easing Soon, Will Residents Return To Old Ways?