PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – Country singer Randy Travis has been released from Baylor Heart hospital in Plano, Texas, weeks after suffering from a serious heart condition and stroke.
The 54-year-old singer/songwriter was admitted to the hospital on July 7. Doctors diagnosed Travis with cardiomyopathy, a weakening of the heart muscles caused by a viral infection, and congestive heart failure. While hospitalized, Travis suffered a stroke and underwent surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. He was listed in critical condition following the surgery.
Travis has now been relocated to a physical therapy facility, according to a statement released from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon.
Travis’ fiancee Mary Davis also expressed her appreciation for all the support he’s received during his time in the hospital.
“Thanks to all the fans and friends for your continued prayers and support as Randy continues on the road to recovery,” she said.
Future information about Travis’ condition will be published at www.randytravis.com.
- Fan Drops Ring During Televised Yankee Stadium Engagement
- Team Jack Wins NASCAR’s $100,000 Humanitarian Award
- Phelps Offers Inspirational Words For U.S. Ryder Cup Team
- Martin Shkreli Raffling Chance To Punch Him In The Face
- Dallas Police & Fire Rescue At Scene Of School Bus Accident