Showtime Executive Hints At “Dexter” Spinoff
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) – Showtime’s president is hinting that a “Dexter” spin-off may be forthcoming.
David Nevins said Tuesday that Showtime has signed a two-year deal with Scott Buck, the executive producer of “Dexter.” The serial killer drama starring Michael C. Hall is in its eighth and final season.
Showtime says Buck will be working with the premium cable channel on several new projects.
At a Television Critics Association meeting, Nevins was asked if there will be a follow-up series to “Dexter.” In response, the Showtime executive noted the deal with producer Buck and suggested that reporters draw their own conclusion.
Asked later about the possibility, Nevins acknowledged that he dropped a “tease” about a spinoff, but said that for now the focus is on a satisfying end to “Dexter.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- High School Athletes Shoot For Clean Bill Of Health Before School
- Trains Silencing Horns Through Downtown Mesquite
- Mavs Sign First Round Draft Pick Justin Anderson
- Frisco Police Investigating Deadly Shooting
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks