(MoneyWatch) – Unscrupulous auto dealers, building contractors and debt collectors, along with work-at-home and “free trial offer” scams, continued to top the list of the most common financial rip-offs suffered by consumers in 2012, according to an annual survey conducted by the Consumer Federation of America and the North American Consumer Protection Investigators.
The two groups survey state and county consumer protection agencies to find out the most pervasive consumer complaints in any given year. However, all complaints are not alike. Some are far more outrageous than others. The report details what the agencies found to be the worst rip-offs.
- Thousands Of Bourbon Barrels Crash To Ground In Distillery Collapse
- Salvadorian Immigrant Indicted For Voter Fraud In Texas
- Can Chipotle Keep Momentum With Quesadillas & Milkshakes?
- Texas Court Overturns Laredo Disposable Plastic Bags Ban
- Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Hard Rock Installs Huge Guitar With Misspelled Word