(MoneyWatch) – Unscrupulous auto dealers, building contractors and debt collectors, along with work-at-home and “free trial offer” scams, continued to top the list of the most common financial rip-offs suffered by consumers in 2012, according to an annual survey conducted by the Consumer Federation of America and the North American Consumer Protection Investigators.
The two groups survey state and county consumer protection agencies to find out the most pervasive consumer complaints in any given year. However, all complaints are not alike. Some are far more outrageous than others. The report details what the agencies found to be the worst rip-offs.
- DFW Airport Ground Crews Getting Ready For Winter
- Video: Farmer Celebrates Star Wars Anniversary With 15-Acre Maze
- Transgender Texas Mayor Responds To Trump Banning Transgender Troops
- Rowlett Nurse Sentenced To 4 Years In Federal Prison
- Police Arrest One-Armed, Machete-Wielding Clown