Cruz: No Decision On Appeal If Suspended
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON (AP) – Texas Rangers slugger Nelson Cruz says he hasn’t made any decision about a possible appeal if he is suspended as a result of Major League Baseball’s latest drug investigation.
When asked Thursday’s whether he had been told specifically what penalty could be forthcoming, Cruz responded, “No, I can not tell you, sorry.”
The All-Star right fielder, whose 25 home runs and 73 RBIs lead the Rangers, was in the lineup batting sixth against Arizona.
He sighed when asked if there was any indication when he might know something, then said, “It’s tough. Sorry.”
Cruz is among 14 players targeted for discipline because of their relationship to a closed Florida anti-aging clinic that allegedly distributed banned performance-enhancing drugs. He appears to be facing a 50-game suspension as a first offender under baseball’s drug program.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- WWE Diva Naomi Proves Fake Pro Wrestling Storylines Aren’t As Fake As You Think
- Keidel: Manny And Mayweather In May?
- Jerry Jones: Murray, Martin Likely To Play Vs Colts
- Murder Suspect In Custody After Two-Day Man Hunt
- Hurst Teen Posing As 6th Grader Charged With Indecency With Child