HOUSTON (AP) – The average in Texas for gallon of regular unleaded gasoline is at $3.50 this week, 4 cents less than a week ago.
AAA Texas said Thursday that this week’s average is 13 cents less than the national average of $3.63.
Drivers in Dallas and Fort Worth are paying the most at $3.54 and drivers in Amarillo, El Paso, and Corpus Christi are paying the least at $3.43.
The association says motorists in most states are paying less at the pump than a week ago, with the declines most dramatic in the Midwest. But, the association says, crude oil prices remain elevated because of positive signs for the global economy, continued unrest in Egypt and recent reports of violence in Libya, which produces two percent of global oil consumption.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Debate Over JFK Assassination Continues In Dallas After Release Of Documents
- Person Shot To Death During Altercation At Dallas Strip Mall
- Officials Investigating Fire At Luxury Hotel Landmark In Dallas
- Mayfield Snubbed As No. 3 Sooners Roll 41-3 Win Over Kansas
- Investigation Underway After Fort Worth Police Vehicle Hits, Kills Pedestrian