Gas Prices Down 4 Cents Across Texas
Get Breaking News First
HOUSTON (AP) - The average in Texas for gallon of regular unleaded gasoline is at $3.50 this week, 4 cents less than a week ago.
AAA Texas said Thursday that this week’s average is 13 cents less than the national average of $3.63.
Drivers in Dallas and Fort Worth are paying the most at $3.54 and drivers in Amarillo, El Paso, and Corpus Christi are paying the least at $3.43.
The association says motorists in most states are paying less at the pump than a week ago, with the declines most dramatic in the Midwest. But, the association says, crude oil prices remain elevated because of positive signs for the global economy, continued unrest in Egypt and recent reports of violence in Libya, which produces two percent of global oil consumption.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police: Texas Soldier Beat Daughter To Death
- Captain Of SMU’s Only NCAA Final Four Team Dies
- Texas AP High School Football Poll
- Keller School Warns Parents About Attempted Child Abduction
- Pots, Pans, Dolls, Games Up For Toy Hall Of Fame