Reporting Ginger Allen
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Buses began moving inmates from the minimum-security Dawson State Jail Thursday morning, after months of CBS 11 investigations and debates from lawmakers. The jail will be closed by the end of the month.
CBS 11 I-Team Reporter Ginger Allen has been investigating Dawson State Jail for more than a year and has talked with families of loved ones who have died, former inmates and guards. All have told stories about how the medical needs of inmates were often ignored.
By August 31, the 1600 offenders once housed at Dawson will be transported to Hutchins and Woodman State Jails. CCA, the private prison company that managed Dawson, said in a statement, it will help its more than 300 employees transfer or find local jobs.
- Legwand Leads Predators Past Stars 3-1
- Winston, Donald, McCarron Headline Awards Night
- Odd Results In NBA All-Star Vote
- Etihad Airways To Launch Dallas Flights
- Sumlin Signs 6-Year Deal With Aggies