Inmates Moved From Dawson State Jail
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – Buses began moving inmates from the minimum-security Dawson State Jail Thursday morning, after months of CBS 11 investigations and debates from lawmakers. The jail will be closed by the end of the month.
CBS 11 I-Team Reporter Ginger Allen has been investigating Dawson State Jail for more than a year and has talked with families of loved ones who have died, former inmates and guards. All have told stories about how the medical needs of inmates were often ignored.
By August 31, the 1600 offenders once housed at Dawson will be transported to Hutchins and Woodman State Jails. CCA, the private prison company that managed Dawson, said in a statement, it will help its more than 300 employees transfer or find local jobs.
- Cowboys Offensive Stars Visit Duke Basketball Practice
- 2 Of 5 Suspects Indicted For String Of Burglaries
- Rangers Blog: Texas Rangers Primer
- Battle For Rangers’ No. 5 Starting Spot
- 3 Shot During Argument At Fort Worth IHOP