FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – The TCU Horned Frogs said that offensive tackle Tayo Fabuluje has quit the team for personal reasons. The release from the school on Thursday gave no further details.
Fabuluje was expected to start at right tackle this season. The 6-foot-7, 315-pound junior started 12 games for the Frogs last year, 10 at left tackle. He was one of three returning starters on the offensive line for the team. The Euless native was also named Honorable Mention All Big 12 in 2012.
This will be the second change for Fabuluje since his college career started. He was originally with BYU in 2010 as a defensive lineman, and came to TCU in 2011. He sat out that season due to NCAA transfer rules.
TCU opens its season against LSU at AT&T Stadium (formerly Cowboys Stadium) in Arlington on August 31. Halapoulivaati Vaitai is listed as the backup at right tackle on the depth chart. The sophomore played in five games last season. James Dunbar is listed as the backup at left tackle.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Stars Fall To Capitals In Overtime 4-3
- New Wave Of Sightings Marks Ongoing Effort To Capture Plano’s Stray Dogs
- British Prime Minister Theresa May To Visit Trump Friday
- Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say
- Community Welcomes Home Wylie Football Player Who Had Stroke