FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – An 18-month-old boy is now with Child Protective Services after being abandoned in Fort Worth. Police said that the incident started to unfold around 1:00 a.m. early Friday morning, when the child’s mother was arrested in North Richland Hills.
The mother called her boyfriend, who is a known gang member, and said that he would have to watch the child. But the boyfriend refused.
He took the child to his mother’s home on Ollie Street, but a disturbance ensued when he arrived. The boyfriend’s brother got upset, saying that they could not care for the young child because their mother was sick.
So, the boyfriend then went several doors down the street to another home, which belongs to another family member, and left the baby in the front yard, police said. The boyfriend has not been seen since.
The child was quickly recovered by authorities. There has been no word yet on what charges the boyfriend could face.
- I-Team: First Ever Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Freestanding ERs
- New Warning About Troubled Dallas Police & Fire Pension Fund
- Area Police Departments Chip In For Grief-Stricken Little Elm
- Hundreds Gather To Honor Fallen Little Elm Detective
- FC Dallas Player Recovering At Home After Being Hit By Car