18-Month-Old Baby Abandoned In Fort Worth
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - An 18-month-old boy is now with Child Protective Services after being abandoned in Fort Worth. Police said that the incident started to unfold around 1:00 a.m. early Friday morning, when the child’s mother was arrested in North Richland Hills.
The mother called her boyfriend, who is a known gang member, and said that he would have to watch the child. But the boyfriend refused.
He took the child to his mother’s home on Ollie Street, but a disturbance ensued when he arrived. The boyfriend’s brother got upset, saying that they could not care for the young child because their mother was sick.
So, the boyfriend then went several doors down the street to another home, which belongs to another family member, and left the baby in the front yard, police said. The boyfriend has not been seen since.
The child was quickly recovered by authorities. There has been no word yet on what charges the boyfriend could face.
- Cleaning Crew Finds More Ashes At Troubled Mortuary
- Silver Alert Activated For Missing 85-Year Old Dallas Man
- Jury Deciding Fate Of Teacher Accused In Deadly Hit & Run
- Tony Stewart Skipping Bristol After Ward’s Death
- Texas Man’s Ethics Complaint Against Gov. Perry Led To Indictments