DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Spraying is underway in Dallas tonight, where West Nile carrying mosquitoes were confirmed in four areas across the city. One of those areas, is the 75228 zip code.
It’s where the city had one of the highest concentrations of human cases last summer. Ten people in the neighborhood were stricken with the disease.
Now the county wants to increase the amount of insecticide in the spray to the maximum allowed by law despite concerns that mosquitoes could develop a resistance to it.
“The data that we’ve received to date does not show that we’ve received resistance at this point,” according to Zach Thompson with the Dallas Health and Human Services. “So that’s a good but again we’re still waiting on samples that we’ve sent to a consultant for review.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Kobe Bryant Says He Will Retire At End Of Season
- Iraq Veteran Killed In Colorado Shooting Leaves Behind Children In Texas
- Dangerous Conditions Delay Search For 76-Year-Old Woman Swept Away By Water
- Timbers Tie FC Dallas 2-2 To Advance
- No. 25 SMU Beats Brown 77-69 To Remain Undefeated