DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Members of Dallas Fire Rescue spent part of the morning recovering a vehicle submerged in a pond at Rochester Park in east Dallas.
Pilots saw the top of the vehicle Friday morning from the Air One helicopter. When fire crews got to the 3000 block of Municipal Street they found the vehicle nearly completely underwater.
Police say it isn’t unusual to make these types of finds this time of year, because lake levels have dropped and items that have been underwater start to surface.
As crews removed the vehicle from the water, with a pulley on an industrial-sized tow truck, it became clear it was a pickup. Police say the truck was stolen about a year ago and has apparently been in the water the whole time. Dallas Police Corporal Terry Labs said the truck would be, “Towed out and taken to the city pound.”
The pickup was covered with algae — another sign that it had been a while since it was submerged.
It took about two hours to get the truck out of the water and onto dry land. Officials said nothing, or no one, was found inside.
- Romo On Cowboys Practice Field For First Time All Season
- Police Investigate Vandalizing Of Trump’s Hollywood Star
- TxDOT Preparing Equipment For Winter Weather
- Stolen Base At World Series Means Free Taco At Taco Bell
- ‘Good Housekeeping’ Picks The Best Toys Of 2016