BANGKOK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Thai police say a bar musician accused of stabbing a North Texas man to death has been released on bail.
Police Col. Boontawee Toraksa said Friday that three band members at a bar in the southern resort town of Ao Nang were arrested in the attack early Wednesday on Bobby Ray Carter Jr., a Dallas resident. He said they have been charged with causing death by physical attack, punishable by up to 15 years’ imprisonment.
Boontawee said a court granted bail Thursday to the man who allegedly stabbed Carter, Ratikorn Romin, over police objections, while his band mates were ordered held.
Police said Carter argued with the musicians in the bar where they had been playing and was stabbed in the chest with an iron rod during a confrontation when they went outside.
Ao Nang is a popular spot for foreign tourists on Thailand’s west coast.
- Dallas PD Shoots Armed Suspect During Traffic Stop, Chase
- Nick Faldo On The Barclays: Bethpage Black ‘A Beautiful Golf Course’
- Another Day, Another Report Of Gas Smell At South Oak Cliff H.S.
- Report: Stars Agree To One Year Deal With Jiri Hudler
- Dallas City Council Member Accused Of ‘Ambulance-Chasing’ In Civil Lawuit