BANGKOK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Thai police say a bar musician accused of stabbing a North Texas man to death has been released on bail.
Police Col. Boontawee Toraksa said Friday that three band members at a bar in the southern resort town of Ao Nang were arrested in the attack early Wednesday on Bobby Ray Carter Jr., a Dallas resident. He said they have been charged with causing death by physical attack, punishable by up to 15 years’ imprisonment.
Boontawee said a court granted bail Thursday to the man who allegedly stabbed Carter, Ratikorn Romin, over police objections, while his band mates were ordered held.
Police said Carter argued with the musicians in the bar where they had been playing and was stabbed in the chest with an iron rod during a confrontation when they went outside.
Ao Nang is a popular spot for foreign tourists on Thailand’s west coast.
- Hippos Explore New Home At Dallas Zoo
- Deliberations Continue In Corruption Trial Of John Wiley Price
- How United Selects Passengers For Involuntary Bumping
- Surprise! Johnny Depp Appears As Jack Sparrow On Disney Ride
- Southwest Airlines Misses Wall Street 1Q Forecasts