DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Four people died early Saturday after a wrong-way crash in South Dallas.
One of the victims was identified as Walter Ted Williams, 58.
It happened around 4 a.m. along US Highway 175 near Martin Luther King Boulevard.
According to the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office, Williams was driving a black Mazda sedan southbound in the northbound lanes of the freeway when it struck a pickup truck.
Two passengers in Williams’ car were also killed. The driver of the white truck, Marcos Campos died, too. “We were headed southbound on 175 and we seen an explosion type in front of us,” said witness Randy Price. “I thought it was a transformer or something had blown and we get right up on it and we noticed that the two cars had hit head on.”
No word on why Williams was going the wrong-way down the freeway but alcohol may have been a factor.
This was the second fatal wrong-way crash in North Texas on Saturday morning. Two drivers were killed in Burleson when a pickup truck crossed into the path of a sport utility vehicle.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fake News? House Speaker Says He’s Not Leaving Congress Anytime Soon
- Kentucky Lawmaker’s Wife Wants To Replace Him After His Death
- This Week In College Basketball: Wildcats Back At Top Of Rankings
- Disney Buying Part Of 21st Century Fox In $52.4B Deal
- AAA Predicts Record Travel Over Christmas And New Year’s