IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – Irving ISD school board trustee Norma C. Gonzales was arrested for shoplifting at a Walmart Saturday morning. Officers learned that the anti-theft alarm located at the exit of the store was activated as Gonzales walked out of the store. Gonzales was contacted by Walmart loss prevention officers but refused to stay.
She fled the store located at 1635 Market Place with $184 worth of Walmart property inside her purse, according to the police report.
This isn’t the first time the 42-year-old has faced controversy. Gonzales’ unopposed run for the board capped an impressive comeback after the district fired her in 2010, according to the Dallas Morning News. She was evicted from her home a few days before the election.
Gonzales has posted bond and is no longer in-custody at the Irving Jail.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Three Stabbed, One Critically After Fight At Assisted Living Complex
- Investigation Finds Lack Of Oversight For School Fire Drills
- Police Investigating After Video Shows Wreckless Stunt Driving, Gunfire
- Suspect Hurt In Officer-Involved Shooting In Fort Worth
- Arlington Considers Joining Dallas In Lawsuit Against SB4