FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman died Sunday after she was struck by several vehicles, including a Fort Worth police car, as she tried to cross the South Freeway.
The crash was reported around 9:45 p.m. in the northbound lanes of the freeway near Ripy Street.
According to police, the woman tried to run across the freeway, but was struck several times. She died at the scene.
The on-duty Fort Worth officer was taking a prisoner to jail when the woman was struck.
“The female was believed to be deceased before the FWPD unit hit her,” said Fort Worth Police Officer Daniel Segura. “She was hit by several more vehicles afterwards as well.”
Her name has not been released.
- Republican Congresswoman Says Many Mass Murderers Are Democrats
- Airports Joke About Flights To Wakanda After “Black Panther” Success
- “Jurassic World 3” Announced 4 Months Before 2nd Film Released
- Miller Stops 41 Shots, Ducks Beat Stars 2-0
- Federal Panel Says It’s OK To Use Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine Again