FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A woman died Sunday after she was struck by several vehicles, including a Fort Worth police car, as she tried to cross the South Freeway.
The crash was reported around 9:45 p.m. in the northbound lanes of the freeway near Ripy Street.
According to police, the woman tried to run across the freeway, but was struck several times. She died at the scene.
The on-duty Fort Worth officer was taking a prisoner to jail when the woman was struck.
“The female was believed to be deceased before the FWPD unit hit her,” said Fort Worth Police Officer Daniel Segura. “She was hit by several more vehicles afterwards as well.”
Her name has not been released.
- Xcel Energy Approves $40M In New Transmission Projects
- Smoking Video, College Cash Controversy Makes Laremy Tunsil Draft’s Biggest Joke
- DISD Approves New Home, But Rejects School Repairs
- Texas A&M’s Germain Ifedi Drafted By Seahawks To Addresses Offensive Line
- 18-Wheeler Crash Shuts Down Parts Of Interstate-20