DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Former President George W. Bush underwent a minor heart procedure on Tuesday morning after doctors discovered a blockage in the artery of his heart.
The blockage was found during an annual physical at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas on Monday.
At the recommendation of his doctors, Bush agreed to have a stent placed to open the blockage. The procedure was performed early Tuesday morning at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital without complication.
The Office of the former President released the following update:
“President Bush is in high spirits, eager to return home tomorrow and resume his normal schedule on Thursday. He is grateful to the skilled medical professionals who have cared for him. He thanks his family, friends, and fellow citizens for their prayers and well wishes. And he encourages us all to get our regular check-ups.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Top 5 Ways The Trump Administration Could Affect Your Wallet
- Little Elm Detective Killed In Line Of Duty
- Dallas Tops Forbes List Of Places To Invest In Real Estate
- Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Testifies In Dallas
- Shooter Charged With Murder Over ‘Door Ding’ In Bedford