FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU says linebacker Joel Hasley has left the team.
Hasley is the second expected starter to quit the Horned Frogs since they opened practice last week.
The Frogs said Thursday that offensive tackle Tayo Fabuluje quit for personal reasons. He started 12 games last season and was set to play right tackle.
A Monday release from the school said Hasley has already received his communication studies degree and will complete a second degree in geology later this year. He started 10 of his 12 games last season and had 79 tackles.
Coach Gary Patterson says Hasley decided it was time to move on from football.
TCU opens the season Aug. 31 against LSU in Arlington.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FC Dallas Wins Supporters’ Shield In 0-0 Draw With Galaxy
- Police Investigating Double Homicide In Fort Worth
- Tour Bus Hits Truck, Killing 13, Injuring 31 In California
- AP Top 25: Ohio State Slips, Penn State In, Houston Out
- Tyler Perry’s ‘Madea’ Tops Cruise’s ‘Jack Reacher’ Sequel