FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU says linebacker Joel Hasley has left the team.
Hasley is the second expected starter to quit the Horned Frogs since they opened practice last week.
The Frogs said Thursday that offensive tackle Tayo Fabuluje quit for personal reasons. He started 12 games last season and was set to play right tackle.
A Monday release from the school said Hasley has already received his communication studies degree and will complete a second degree in geology later this year. He started 10 of his 12 games last season and had 79 tackles.
Coach Gary Patterson says Hasley decided it was time to move on from football.
TCU opens the season Aug. 31 against LSU in Arlington.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NBA Refs Admit Missing Call In Final Seconds Of Spurs Thunder Game 2
- Trafficking Charges Filed After Man Offers Frisco Woman $10K For Girl’s Virginity
- U.S. Ends Ford Pickup Probe Without Seeking Recall
- OSU’s Nolen Claims Big 12 Golf Title
- ERCOT Expects Plenty Of Electricity For Summer