FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU says linebacker Joel Hasley has left the team.
Hasley is the second expected starter to quit the Horned Frogs since they opened practice last week.
The Frogs said Thursday that offensive tackle Tayo Fabuluje quit for personal reasons. He started 12 games last season and was set to play right tackle.
A Monday release from the school said Hasley has already received his communication studies degree and will complete a second degree in geology later this year. He started 10 of his 12 games last season and had 79 tackles.
Coach Gary Patterson says Hasley decided it was time to move on from football.
TCU opens the season Aug. 31 against LSU in Arlington.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Family Says Emergency Siren Was Placed Too Close To Home
- Grapevine Police Surprise Daughter Of Fallen Officer At Graduation
- Mesquite Teen Set To Graduate Honors Late Mom In Tweets
- Giant Observation Wheel Planned For Banks Of Trinity River
- No Additional Charges Against Woman Who Made Up Story About Trooper Sex Assault