TCU Linebacker Joel Hasley Leaves Team
FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU says linebacker Joel Hasley has left the team.
Hasley is the second expected starter to quit the Horned Frogs since they opened practice last week.
The Frogs said Thursday that offensive tackle Tayo Fabuluje quit for personal reasons. He started 12 games last season and was set to play right tackle.
A Monday release from the school said Hasley has already received his communication studies degree and will complete a second degree in geology later this year. He started 10 of his 12 games last season and had 79 tackles.
Coach Gary Patterson says Hasley decided it was time to move on from football.
TCU opens the season Aug. 31 against LSU in Arlington.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Frisco Freedom Fest Entertains Thousands On Fourth
- Historic Ft. Worth Neighborhoods Come Alive On Fourth
- Another Near Drowning In Fort Worth
- Charity-Driven Fireworks Stand Burglarized In Kaufman County
- Lake Arlington Is Packed For Fourth