TCU Linebacker Joel Hasley Leaves Team
FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU says linebacker Joel Hasley has left the team.
Hasley is the second expected starter to quit the Horned Frogs since they opened practice last week.
The Frogs said Thursday that offensive tackle Tayo Fabuluje quit for personal reasons. He started 12 games last season and was set to play right tackle.
A Monday release from the school said Hasley has already received his communication studies degree and will complete a second degree in geology later this year. He started 10 of his 12 games last season and had 79 tackles.
Coach Gary Patterson says Hasley decided it was time to move on from football.
TCU opens the season Aug. 31 against LSU in Arlington.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Money, Mayhem And Madness
- Dwight Howard’s Physical Play Irks Mavs’ Carlisle
- Short But Powerful Storm Rips Through Parts Of Arlington
- Winds, Lightning, Flash Floods, Hail
- Rockets Escape Dallas 130-128; Take 3-0 Series Lead