Bush “Doing Great” At Home After Heart Procedure
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – An aide said that former President George W. Bush is “doing great” while recovering from a heart procedure at a Dallas hospital on Tuesday, and was already discharged on Wednesday morning.
Spokesman Freddy Ford said that the 43rd president back at home.
Doctors at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Tuesday inserted a stent to help prop open an artery. The blockage was discovered Monday during Bush’s annual physical at a clinic in Dallas, where he lives.
Ford said that the 67-year-old former president is expected to resume his normal schedule by Thursday.
Bush has a reputation as a fitness buff and is known to enjoy jogging, riding bicycles and doing other exercise to keep in shape.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- At Least 3 Dead In Houston Area Flooding
- Cowboys Add Ex-First-Round WR Draft Pick AJ Jenkins
- Lee’s Sandwiches Recalls Over 200k Pounds Of Deli Meat
- Supreme Court To Hear Texas Districts Case
- Rangers Notebook: The Truth About Foreign Substances