DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – An aide said that former President George W. Bush is “doing great” while recovering from a heart procedure at a Dallas hospital on Tuesday, and was already discharged on Wednesday morning.
Spokesman Freddy Ford said that the 43rd president back at home.
Doctors at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Tuesday inserted a stent to help prop open an artery. The blockage was discovered Monday during Bush’s annual physical at a clinic in Dallas, where he lives.
Ford said that the 67-year-old former president is expected to resume his normal schedule by Thursday.
Bush has a reputation as a fitness buff and is known to enjoy jogging, riding bicycles and doing other exercise to keep in shape.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Frank Nobilo On Wyndham Championship: ‘Kevin Kisner Win Would Be Fairytale Story’
- Falcons’ New Stadium To Have Chick-fil-A; Won’t Be Open On Sundays
- Express Scripts To Limit Opioids; Doctors Concerned
- Many Police Officers Respond To Dallas Shooting Call
- NFL Slams Reports Of Elliott’s Accuser Being Discredited