Forney Man Arrested For Stealing Jug Of Money
Get Breaking News First
FORNEY (CBSDFW.COM) - Police in Forney arrested a man accused of stealing money from a business and brandishing a knife at the victim. The crime happened at about 11:45 a.m. on Tuesday in the 200 block of East Broad Street. Authorities received reports regarding a robbery in progress.
The victim told police officers that a man stole a jug of money from his business and then began to flee down the street. The victim pursued the man, but stopped chasing when the suspect pulled out a knife. That suspect was later identified as Anthony Kaitan Jackson of Forney.
Information from witnesses directed authorities to a home in the 500 block of East Broad Street, just down the street from the crime scene. Police located Jackson there and took him into custody. They also found the knife inside of the home, and the stolen jug of money hidden at a nearby location.
Jackson is now awaiting his arraignment behind bars at the Forney City Jail.
- Protestors To Rally Outside Gov. Perry Event In Dallas
- Texas Sheriff’s Association Against Legalization Of Marijuana
- Fort Worth Police Shoot Suspected Craigslist Robber
- Rangers Look For First Back-To-Back Wins Since June
- Romo To Skip Full-Pad Session For 1st Time At Camp