Mavs Sign Former Spurs Center DeJuan Blair
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Mavericks have officially signed former Spurs center and free agent big man DeJuan Blair.
The terms of the deal were not disclosed, though the Mavericks were thought to be offering the veteran’s minimum.
Blair, a four-year veteran drafted 37th overall by the Spurs in the 2009 draft, has averaged 7.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and 18.9 minutes in 288 career games (166 starts) with San Antonio.
In his rookie season, Blair (6-7, 270) played in all 82 games and earned All-Rookie Second Team honors.
The Pittsburgh-native was a two-year starter at the University of Pittsburgh. As a sophomore, he was named the Co-Big East Player of the Year and an All-American by both the Associated Press and The Sporting News.
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 24th-August 28th
- NCAA Football Preview: Will TCU Win It’s First Outright Big 12 Title?