Texas Holding $3 Billion In Unclaimed Money
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Comptroller’s office says the state is currently holding about $3 billion in unclaimed property — and some of it could be yours.
That includes more than $460 million in oil and gas royalties turned over by companies unable to find the mineral owners. Aside from the royalty money, roughly one in four Texans has forgotten cash in old bank accounts, utility refunds and other locations.
The state says it is also holding more than $800 million in shared property that has been partially claimed and paid to some of the owners.
In 2012, the state returned more than $159 million to its owners
Wanna find out if some of that money is yours? Just visit ClaimItTexas.org and search for your name.
- Police Say Lotto Win Led To Murder-Suicide
- Cowboys Agree To Deal With LB McClain
- Dallas SWAT Standoff Ends Without Suspect
- Joni Mitchell In Los Angeles Hospital
- Mom Accused Of Abandoning Child Out Of Jail