Texas Holding $3 Billion In Unclaimed Money
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Comptroller’s office says the state is currently holding about $3 billion in unclaimed property — and some of it could be yours.
That includes more than $460 million in oil and gas royalties turned over by companies unable to find the mineral owners. Aside from the royalty money, roughly one in four Texans has forgotten cash in old bank accounts, utility refunds and other locations.
The state says it is also holding more than $800 million in shared property that has been partially claimed and paid to some of the owners.
In 2012, the state returned more than $159 million to its owners
Wanna find out if some of that money is yours? Just visit ClaimItTexas.org and search for your name.
- Rangers Checking Kouzmanoff’s Back Before Beltre Move
- Organic Grocery Store Opens At Sylvan/Thirty
- Texas Family At Center Of Convicted Felon Sperm Mix-Up Mystery
- Batteries In Baby Video Monitors Recalled
- New App Created In Dallas Saves Lives In Storms