Sebelius In Texas To Tout Healthcare
AUSTIN (AP) - Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is visiting Texas to tout the Obama Administration’s healthcare program.
Sebelius was scheduled to meet with officials in Austin and San Antonio to talk about how local communities can take advantage of the program as it rolls out later this year.
The Affordable Care Act aims to make sure everyone has health insurance. Next year Americans who can afford health insurance are required to buy it. Local communities will also receive some assistance for treating the poor.
Gov. Rick Perry opposes the federal law and has promised to do nothing to help implement it. Sebelius will meet with Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro who support it.
Texas has the highest rate of uninsured people in the country.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Takes Responsibility For Drone Over White House
- Cops: Ex-Texas Fox News Producer Kills Himself Outside NYC Headquarters
- Jury Selection Begins For Woman Accused Of Murdering 2-Year-Old
- Miss Colombia Crowned Miss Universe In Miami
- Teens Injured In Fort Worth Crash After Fleeing From Police