PARKER COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – This is not a story about a smart accused thief. It is however a story about smart technology and a good old-fashioned Texas manhunt… or in this case ‘womanhunt.’
The events started in Palo Pinto County as a woman rode in a pickup with a male friend. Apparently the male driver decided to pull to the side of the road and… well he stepped in front of his 2000 Ford Ranger truck for a few moments and that’s when things went bad.
The man’s female passenger, later identified as Janice Kay Kelly, slid over into the driver’s seat and took off.
When the man contacted the Palo Pinto County Sheriff’s Office officials there alerted the Parker County Sheriff’s Office.
Parker County had technology on their side as they set out to find Kelly. You see the 52-year-old woman had been out of jail for less than two weeks. When she left the jail, after being accused of committing Criminal Mischief, she’d been equipped with a GPS-enabled ankle monitor.
Deputies quickly located Kelly, still driving the truck in question, and took her into custody.
The entire incident has left Kelly facing not only the Criminal Mischief charge but now also a charge of Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle. At last check Kelly was still in the Parker County Jail on a $7,500 bond.
- Local Veterans Service Group Praises Former Governor Rick Perry’s Newest Role
- Texas Scientist: Python Perplexing Maine City Actually An Anaconda
- Citizen Complaints Against Police Way Down In Denton
- Baylor WR Suspended 3 Games After Being Caught Abusing Dog On Video
- 10 Questions With Pro Wrestling’s Next Big Star, Adam Cole