MINERAL WELLS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Mineral Wells and the Texas Rangers are investigating the death of a woman. Authorities arrived at a home along Southeast 14th Avenue at about 6:00 p.m. Thursday night, after reports of a family member making a “startling discovery,” according to Chief Dean Sullivan.
The woman’s body was found inside of a freezer at the home. Family members identified the victim, but her name has not been confirmed by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner or the Mineral Wells Police Department. Her 15-year-old son found the body and called for police to come to the scene.
Officials are waiting for autopsy results from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner before moving forward in the case.
“We’re treating this as a possible homicide,” Sullivan said. “We don’t have suspects in custody at this point.”
- PepsiCo Sees Sales Growth In Both Drinks & Snacks
- Prison For Former Texas TV Reporter Convicted Of Stalking
- Did Landmark Laws From Congress Enable High Drug Prices?
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Books Getting A Digital Enhancement
- Regulators: Doctor Concocts Vaccines With Cat Saliva, Vodka