MINERAL WELLS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Mineral Wells and the Texas Rangers are investigating the death of a woman. Authorities arrived at a home along Southeast 14th Avenue at about 6:00 p.m. Thursday night, after reports of a family member making a “startling discovery,” according to Chief Dean Sullivan.
The woman’s body was found inside of a freezer at the home. Family members identified the victim, but her name has not been confirmed by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner or the Mineral Wells Police Department. Her 15-year-old son found the body and called for police to come to the scene.
Officials are waiting for autopsy results from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner before moving forward in the case.
“We’re treating this as a possible homicide,” Sullivan said. “We don’t have suspects in custody at this point.”
- US Home Prices Rise In March As Spring Buying Season Begins
- What Would Be Cowboys’ Motivation In Trading Leary?
- FWISD Talks Transgender Rules As State Works On Policy
- Nacogdoches Crash Kills Three College Students, 2 From North Texas
- Frisco ISD Board To Vote On Pursuing Property Tax Increase