DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A fist fight turned deadly when a 23-year-old man pulled out a gun and shot another man in South Oak Cliff late Friday night.
Kenneth Collins from Dallas was charged with murder Saturday morning. He was was engaged in some kind of a transaction” with the shooting victim at an apartment complex on Leigh Ann Drive, according to police when the shooting happened.
Collins got into a fist fight with 27-year-old Tommie Lee Stevenson, which a police report indicates was over drugs. Collins pulled a gun and shot and Stevenson, according to the police report.
Stevenson was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Witnesses gave police a description, which matched Collins. Officers located him in the 500 block of Kirnwood Drive and took him into custody.
He was booked into Lew Sterrett Justice Center. His bail is set at $250,000.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Coppell ISD Investigating Alleged Sexual Assault On High School Campus
- Texas Passes Softened Voter ID Law After Judge Finds Bias
- Spieth Charges, Kisner Holds On To Win Colonial By 1 Stroke
- Texas ‘Bathroom Bill’ Fading As Legislative Session Wraps Up
- Navy Parachutist Dies During Demonstration Over Hudson River