Baylor Expects To Keep Winning With Lot Of Offense
WACO (AP) – The Baylor Bears kept winning and piling up big offensive numbers after Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Robert Griffin III went to the NFL.
They expect to keep doing so even when changing quarterbacks again.
Junior Bryce Petty has attempted only 14 passes for the Bears. But this is his fourth year in coach Art Briles’ system after watching Griffin and Nick Florence, who set a school record with 4,309 yards passing the season after RG3 won the Heisman.
The Bears have the running back duo of Lache Seastrunk and Glasco Martin, who combined for 1,901 yards rushing and 22 touchdowns last season. Seastrunk, the Oregon transfer, has said he’ll win the Heisman or at least get close.
Baylor has been to three consecutive bowls for the first time.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Josh Hamilton Rejoins The Rangers Monday
- Lake Lewisville Inches Towards Spillway Crest
- Colonial: Kevin Na, Ian Poulter Go Head To Head In Ft. Worth
- Texas Nixes Voter-Approved Denton Fracking Ban
- Texas Lawmakers Vote Reform For Grand Jury “Pick-A-Pal” Process