Baylor Expects To Keep Winning With Lot Of Offense
Sports Fan Insider
WACO (AP) – The Baylor Bears kept winning and piling up big offensive numbers after Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Robert Griffin III went to the NFL.
They expect to keep doing so even when changing quarterbacks again.
Junior Bryce Petty has attempted only 14 passes for the Bears. But this is his fourth year in coach Art Briles’ system after watching Griffin and Nick Florence, who set a school record with 4,309 yards passing the season after RG3 won the Heisman.
The Bears have the running back duo of Lache Seastrunk and Glasco Martin, who combined for 1,901 yards rushing and 22 touchdowns last season. Seastrunk, the Oregon transfer, has said he’ll win the Heisman or at least get close.
Baylor has been to three consecutive bowls for the first time.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keller PD Uses Social Media To Reveal Speed Traps
- Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With Plane Carrying 239 People
- Police: Husband Suspected Of Killing Wife
- Lake Highland Rape Victims Bravely Face Attacker In Court
- One Of Last Plano Farms Up For Sale