DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials with Dallas Fire Rescue have confirmed former Dallas City Councilman Leo Chaney has died.
Churchgoers say Chaney died after a fire at his house, in the 2700 block of South Boulevard, near downtown Dallas. Donald Parrish, pastor of True Lee Missionary Church in Dallas, said Chaney was a member of his church.
It was just after 2:00 p.m. when crews responded to the house fire. Firefighters saw smoke coming from the attic of the house.
Crews quickly located the fire’s burning point and extinguished it in about 10 minutes. While still working at the house firefighters found the body of “an unresponsive male.” The man, later identified as Chaney, was taken to the hospital as first-responders performed CPR.
During his time on the council Chaney was a staunch advocate for south Dallas.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Frisco Schools Offering Free Lunches For More Security
- City Officials To Discuss Storm Preparedness
- Christmas Spirit Alive At Frisco Elementary School
- CBSDFW.COM Fantasy Football Show: Week 15
- Charity Director Handling Private West Donations To Resign